- I am "Water Baron" at AMI.
- March 2010-...: part-time advisor at CWI.
- 2008: Associate Professor/UHD Department Applied Mathematics, Twente.
- 2007: lecturer/UD Department Applied Mathematics, Twente. Fluid and Solid Mechanics at research institute IMPACT.
Including Program leader: Dispersed flows
- 2001-2006: Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW) Researcher/Onderzoeker at the Faculty of Mathematical Sciences, University of Twente.
- 2000-2001: Temporary Universitair Docent/Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Mathematical Sciences, University of Twente , Enschede, The Netherlands.
- April-August '99: Research Associate with Professor A.W. Woods on gas dynamics in geological fluid dynamics, School of Mathematics, Bristol, U.K., i.e. contract research on magma-repository interactions for Southwest Research Institute, Center for Nuclear Waste Regulatory Analyses, San Antonio, Texas, U.S.A.
- '98-'99: Research Associate with the late Professor D.H. Peregrine
in the E.C. MAST 3 project Surf and Swash Zone Mechanics , School of Mathematics, Bristol, U.K.
- '96-97: Postdocteral Fellow with Dr. J. Pedlosky, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, Woods Hole, U.S.A.
- '96: Visiting scientist, Isaac Newton Institute of Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge, U.K.
- '96: Ph.D. with Professor T.G. Shepherd,
Department of Physics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
- '91: M.Sc. Department of Physics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada.
- '90: Ir. Applied Physics with Drs. C. Bruin and A. Compagner, Delft University of Technology, Delft, The Netherlands.
- '90: Research course at the
Royal Netherlands Institute for Sea Research with Dr. L.R.M. Maas, 't Horntje, Texel.